Q: Car Periodically Won't Start, Battery is perfectly fine.

So my 2013 Ford just randomly started to have this issue of not starting one day after I had been driving for maybe an hour, I stopped to get food - got back in and then it wouldn't start. I was able to turn my key fully, all electronics worked in the car, so I knew my battery didn't die. But, upon turning, the engine didn't seem to be turning over. No sounds of attempting to start either. Just nothing. Worried to possibly damage something by continuing to turn key, I waited a few mintes and tried again. Nothing. After 30 minutes, BOOM, it starts. Happened about 3 more times that week, some days it would start fine, others it wouldn't. Then it went a few weeks, starting just fine. I thought the problem went away. This week, the problem started again. This time I found an article here saying to try turning the wheel (It WAS locked and favoring one side over the other) after struggling with it a bit, this seemed to worked and the car started up while turning the wheel. What is going on?

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the engine is not turning over when you try to start the car then the starter is not receiving power, or is not using the power. Several components must pass the electricity through them to get power to the starter. If the ignition switch, starter relay, or the wiring does not allow the starter to receive enough power to engage the engine the car will not start. Intermittent issues like yours are often electrical problems. You will want to test all of these components and track down which is responsible for stopping the starter from working. For more help diagnosing the starting issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Car Periodically Won't Start, Battery is perfectly fine.