Q: The cam chain snapped. Is the engine on a 2011 Ford Transit 2.4L a non-interference engine?

Hi I have a 2011 ford transit 2.4 tdci and cam chain has snapped are these engines a non interference engine or will the valves be dead

A: Hello. My research indicates that the ford ...

Hello. My research indicates that the ford 2.4 TDCI engine is indeed an interference type engine. If your timing chain has snapped, then it may be possible that the pistons and valves made contact and possibly became bent or damaged. A disassembly of the engine would be required in order to be sure. If you need help with getting this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come out to your location to inspect the car and advise you on the best actions to take.