Q: Vsa, check engine, ! 3 lit up, at stop sign, felt like trans. Changed. Only go 5-10 mph

Had oil changed / inspection 1000 miles ago. While at stop sign, foot still on brake, car sort of felt like transmission shifted down roughly....tried to accelerate. Car acted like it wouldn't move/no rpm jump when accelerator pushed. 3 dash lights came on vsa, check engine, and yellow !. Placed in park then drive, same rough shift/drop. Got it moving and back to mechanic that changed oil. Approx 1/2 mile. Mech. Couldn't check it out at that time. Got home to research symptoms...alarmed b/c some sites say low oil problem(concerned oil change wasn't done correctly/ethics), others TCS or app sensor problem. Got call from mechanic saying they can't diagnose problem because ecm not working. Referred me to Honda dealer to reprogram. Any suggestions? Thank you !

Hi there. First, you’ll need to retrieve the code stored for the Check Engine Light; this will lead the technician to the system that has the fault and possibly be tied with the other warning lights. Many times a simply emissions code stored in the computer can set other warning lights as well. More than likely, the ecm is working fine as the check engine light is illuminated. If there were no check engine light at any time, then there could be a fuse, wire, or computer problem. I strongly suggest acquiring a qualified technician to perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a Check Engine Light inspection.

• Vsa, check engine, ! 3 lit up, at stop sign, felt like trans. Changed. Only go 5-10 mph