Q: Steering wheel turns all the way around after getting stuck in the snow.

I slid in ice on my way to work and got stuck in a ditch with snow. I was pulled out with a belt but when I tried to drive back home the steering wheel wouldn't act like it usually does. It was very loose and would spin all the way around. I was sliding everywhere like I was on ice but some parts of the road did not have ice. Is this due to the snow that could have built up or did I damage something? Thanks!

You must of damaged and broke the steering gear on the car. I would suggest you have the car towed. If the steering turns all the way around and around then the air bag clock spring may have also got broken inside the steering column. Have the steering shaft and rack and pinion steering checked to see what broke. It is unsafe to drive in this condition.

• Steering wheel turns all the way around after getting stuck in the snow.