Q: Just replaced fuel pump now my car smells badly like gas?

I recently had my fuel pump changed and now my car smells badly like gas. It only smells like gas when i am driving,not when im at a light or stop sign, Can you please help me?

Hello. You are smelling gas because there is a gas leak. Fuel leaks are the #1 cause of engine fires. The only option is to find the leak and repair it. Did you change the fuel filter when you changed the pump? You should always replace the filter at the same time. The new pump wants to flow freely and an old filter will cause excess pressure on the system. The fuel lines that were disconnected when you replaced the pump should be the first place to look. You may be able to physically see where the leak is coming from by observation if you can get a good look at the pump while it is running. You will likely need to raise the back end of the vehicle securely and have someone press the gas while the vehicle is in park. If you can replicate the scenario when you notice the smell, you are likely able to find the source of the leak. Again, you will need to find the leak and repair it. You will save your gas mileage and lessen your risk of a fire as well.