Q: Manual transmission not shifting smoothly.

When I shift my manual transmission into gear and let the clutch go, the car hesitates and bucks. Then it is fine until you shift again. I also think I am either burning or leaking oil, or both.

A: The first thing that would need to be check...

The first thing that would need to be checked is where the oil leaks are and if the oil is leaking onto the clutch causing a chatter in the clutch or you are feeling a misfire in the engine from oil leaking into the spark plugs or your engine valve seals or engine rings are fouling out the spark plugs with oil. Any of these problems could be happening and only a qualified mechanic would be able to isolate your exact problem and give a diagnosis for your car.