Q: Hi. I have a question about brake/rotor replacement on my 2005 Honda Element.

I have a front wheel drive 2005 Honda Element LX that needs front brake pad replacement for sure (not sure about the rear or rotor)My question pertains to rotating the brake pads so that I am not constantly replacing the front. Someone tells me I can rotate the rearbrake pads to the front. Is this safe and if it is, at what point should this be done? Obviously, I don't particularly like this idea, but I don't have the money to keep replacing the front pads. Thank you.

The front and rear brake pads are a different part and should not be rotated even if they were the same. This is the first time I have heard anyone say this in my 35 years as a master mechanic. The front brake pads wear more quickly since they take most of the stopping force. This is why they are larger than the rear brakes. One suggestion is to get the front pads replaced by a good quality premium brake pad so that you are not constantly having to replace them. These pads tend to wear less and last longer than the less expensive entry level pads.

3. Hi. I have a question about brake/rotor replacement on my 2005 Honda Element.