Q: Car makes clanking noise under oil pan

asked by on February 01, 2016

My car is making a clanking noise under the oil pan. It sounds like it spun a bearing.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Having a spun bearing is a serious engine problem typically due to oil starvation. Oil starvation can happen in a few ways, the most common is when oil is low and dirty There are cases I have seen the oil pump fail but in fact the source of that failure usually comes back to the quality of the oil. If your Chevy Blazer did spin a bearing, the next step would be to tear down and inspect the engine for damage and rebuild it or locate a new or good used engine to replace the old one. To be 100% certain it may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic. They will be able to determine the cause of the noise and assist you in choosing your best options to get your Blazer driving again.