Q: Car makes clanking noise under oil pan

My car is making a clanking noise under the oil pan. It sounds like it spun a bearing.

Having a spun bearing is a serious engine problem typically due to oil starvation. Oil starvation can happen in a few ways, the most common is when oil is low and dirty There are cases I have seen the oil pump fail but in fact the source of that failure usually comes back to the quality of the oil. If your Chevy Blazer did spin a bearing, the next step would be to tear down and inspect the engine for damage and rebuild it or locate a new or good used engine to replace the old one. To be 100% certain it may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic. They will be able to determine the cause of the noise and assist you in choosing your best options to get your Blazer driving again.

3. Car makes clanking noise under oil pan