Q: Strange grinding sound from front end

I was pulling into a parking space that had a curb to the right and I pulled up onto the curb to fit. When I pulled back out, I heard a loud thud from under the area the curb was. I continued and drove off... since then, the car is making a strange grinding/growling sound when driving (forward mostly) I did a quick peek under the car and didn't see anything obvious. Also, when the car is in park and I start it, it sounds fine... however..if I put the car in drive with the brake pressed, it makes a rumbling/growling sound (not moving) Any ideas on what to look for would be helpful... thanks!

A: You may have bent something on that side, n...

You may have bent something on that side, notably a suspension part, HOWEVER the fact that you have the noise with the car stationary with the brakes applied is NOT consistent with damage to a suspension part. The car would have to be placed on a lift and/or with the wheel/tire removed to see if anything came in contact with something like a concrete curb. If the car is making the noise while NOT moving it could be something like the torque converter housing was hit, which damages the torque converter. It depends on how hard you hit it. YourMechanic would have to thoroughly look at that part of the undercarriage and look for the telltale signs of an impact.