Q: Front end car noise at 15 mph and over on 2007 BMW 530xi

asked by on August 16, 2016

I've just purchased this pre-owned car and it's been making some weird sounds. These are similar to the noise of the tire friction and it seems that something in the front of the car is making it. The noise becomes noticeable from 15 mph and above. The tires on the car are new. I don't think they are making this sound. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the car that needs fixing?

Hello. It’s a little difficult for me to pinpoint that type of noise you are hearing over the net. The noise you are describing likely has to do with a braking issue, such as low brake pads or a suspension issue such as a grinding wheel bearing. I suggest having the vehicle inspected firsthand by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, whom can diagnose the sound you are hearing and have this properly addressed.