Q: If I put my car in drive and push on the gas it wont shift to second unless I let off the gas. If I drive it in overdrive it shift

If I put my car in drive and push on the gas the rpms go up but it doesnt shift unless I let off of the gas. If I drive it in overdrive it shifts no problem

Hello, the concern you have I strongly advise not to drive. The issue needs to be addressed, the vehicle will become inoperable. The automatic transmission has 3 systems; electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical. What describe could be an internal mechanical failure with transmission. The electrical system which includes the module, will go into a default mode if there is a failure with it. This mode allows forward gears and reverse depending on what has failed. If you’d like, a certified Your Mechanic Technician can come to your location to verify what type of failure the transmission has. Please look at this web site for more information and service options. transmission inspection

3. If I put my car in drive and push on the gas it wont shift to second unless I let off the gas. If I drive it in overdrive it shift