Q: Car won't start after it gets warm.

My car will not start after it warms up. I am getting a code P0021, the camshaft position is over advanced.

A: These are all possible causes for code P002...

These are all possible causes for code P0021:

• Bank 2 camshaft sensor or Bank 2 cam timing solenoid faulty
  • Connector terminal contact is damaged or corroded
  • Wire harness - Check harness for correct voltage
  • Open, short to ground or short to voltage
  • Update control unit software - check for the latest control unit update
  • Engine Control Module faulty

The sensor connector needs to be checked along with the connector for the cam timing solenoid. The intake camshaft timing is fully advanced in its default position so the solenoid and its wiring are prime suspects for this fault. You may want to enlist help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and expertise to diagnose your car not starting.