Q: help

Yesterday 3/11/18 I went to the car to go to the store. I started the car and it would not start, it did not make any noises (as if it was trying to start) and I noticed the electric power steering system warning light was on and the malfunction/check engine indicator was on. I attempted to start it again and it did the same thing. I took the key out waited about 2-3 minutes and tried again, this time the car started and neither of the warning lights were on. I drove to the dealership (about 23 miles; there were closed) I drove back home. And I drove to work today 3/12/18 (about 25 miles) and there has been no issues. The car started with no issues and neither of the warning lights are on.

Hi Ashley. I’m not sure whether or not you received our first reply via email, so here is a link of what we recommended. If you can’t access it, here is a brief summary. Essentially, it’s very difficult to tell you exactly how to handle this issue, as we don’t know what type of warranty coverage you have from a dealership. Inconsistent issues like you’re describing are often caused by a failing sensor or bad electrical connection. The concerning thing you indicated in the last question was the burning plastic smell, as this indicates a possible electrical short which could be the source of your issues. This should be inspected soon, by either the dealership or having a mobile mechanic come to your location.