Should I put synthetic oil in my jeep commander 2010 comm...

Q: Should I put synthetic oil in my jeep commander

asked by on August 16, 2017

Should I put synthetic oil in my jeep commander

Hi there. This is a great article that talks about the benefits of swapping to synthetic oil. In regards to advice, today’s synthetic oils and conventional oils are made much better than in years past. That being said, as engines age, seals, gaskets and piston rings tend to wear out. The synthetic oil is better and ’plugging some of these gaps’. However, the biggest misconception is that you can extend oil change intervals with synthetic oils. Although this is true with newer engines, it’s not 100% accurate with engines over 100,000 miles. My recommendation for you would be to use a synthetic / conventional blend; so you get the benefits of a synthetic but reduce costs of a conventional.