Q: What are the positions on the ignition switch?

What are the positions on the ignition switch?

Your Accord has four different positions indicated by numerals on the ignition switch itself (0, I, II, III). Each of these does something different. Not sure what they mean? Don’t worry.

• 0: This is “lock”. The key can enter or be removed from the ignition in this position only. Pushing in and turning will allow you to crank the car.

• I: This is the “accessory” mode, denoted on some cars by the letters ACC. This allows you to operate the radio and some other systems without the engine running.

• II: This is “on”. When you move the key to this position, your gauges should activate, and some of the lights on your dash will come on.

• III: This is “run”. Moving the key from II to III will crank the engine. The key cannot be pulled out of this selection, and it should only remain in this position very briefly (until the engine is cranked), and should then return to the II position.

3. What are the positions on the ignition switch?