Q: Kia Rio cranks but stutters, revs high but won't accelerate

Even though my car 'will' crank, the car stutters when it does. It revs very high and won't accelerate. I can't get the gear shift to go past 2nd gear. What is causing this? I really need your help - thank you!!

A: This is not a common complaint and I would ...

This is not a common complaint and I would speculate the engine has a major vacuum leak or a mass air tube leak between the throttle body and the sensor.

I can only recommend having a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, run a diagnostic on the high idle speed condition, which would include checking the computer and the items I mentioned.