Q: When replacing air conditioning compressor on a 2004 Toyota sequioa should the expansion valves be replaced?

asked by on February 05, 2017

Turned on ac and belt squealed for a second and ac light started flashing opened hood to check it and tryied turning it on again and watched the compressor to see what was going on with it and noticed clutch would try to engage but wouldn't so I believe compressor siezed up.

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $106.46 Get a Quote

Hi there. The expansion valve does not need to be replaced unless it is physically leaking or not operating properly. On the flip side, it sounds like there is definitely an electrical concern with the AC clutch. The AC system in Toyota products sends you the warning by flashing the AC light telling you that the compressor is not turning, but the system does not know why this is occurring. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an AC is not working inspection.