Q: Clutch pedal sticking

My clutch pedal sticks halfway in traffic or when it is really hot outside.

A: I have seen this problem before. Since the ...

I have seen this problem before. Since the issue seems to be temperature sensitive, or prevalent during times of heavy use like traffic, it might be the fluid in your clutch master cylinder is getting too hot. The fluid in the clutch master cylinder is actually brake fluid. Brake fluid is hygroscopic or "water absorbing". It pulls moisture from the atmosphere over time. Once there is enough water in the system, the boiling point of the fluid is lowered. If the fluid gets too hot, it loses some of its hydraulic properties causing the pedal to feel spongy. The usual repair for this is simply to change the fluid in the clutch master cylinder by bleeding it. I recommend having a professional help you inspect your clutch pedal and determine what repairs are needed for your vehicle.