Q: The wind shield wipers on my 1999 Toyota Camry went out. They worked off and on for a while until they completely stopped working.

The wind shield wipers on my 1999 Toyota Camry went out. They worked off and on for awhile until they completely stopped working. I wanted to know the best way to go about getting it fixed or replacing it myself.

Hi there. Sounds like either the wiper motor or wiper motor relay has gone bad. First check to see if a fuse is blown. If the fuse is blown replace it and recheck the system. If not, then check the relay to the wiper motor. Replace the relay with another relay and see if the wiper system works. If the system still don’t work, then the wiper motor has seized up and needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your wiper not working issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• The wind shield wipers on my 1999 Toyota Camry went out. They worked off and on for a while until they completely stopped working.