Q: is it safe to drive when it says service advancetrac?

asked by on October 14, 2017

is it safe to drive car even tho it says service advancetrac

Traction Control Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The AdvanceTrac warning light means that service is needed on your vehicle’s AdvanceTrac system. AdvanceTrac is an electronic stability control or "traction control" system and while the warning is displayed that safety feature may be unavailable, or may malfunction, in emergency driving, or during periods of low traction. However, to address your concern, so long as the vehicle is presently otherwise operating normally, it is safe to drive the vehicle. At your earliest convenience though, inasmuch as AdvanceTrac is an integral safety vehicle of the vehicle, do have the vehicle inspected and repaired. YourMechanic does offer AdvanceTrac/Traction Control diagnostics and repair and you can use the highlighted link to request and schedule service, right at your location. To give you an idea of possible faults that might be involved, and that might be the cause of the warning light, you could have: a faulty wheel-speed sensor, a faulty steering-angle sensor, a faulty rotational-speed sensor, an issue with the steering rack, foreign matter or debris lodged in one of the wheels, or the AdvanceTrac control system (computer) needs to be reprogrammed. If you request the AdvanceTrac/Traction Control diagnostic and repair service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr