Q: how's the maintenance /cost of repair compared to bmw or mercedes cars of the same issues? more costky or less?

asked by on July 05, 2017

if this car 2004 volvo s40 will have the same problems with bmw or mercedes. does it cost more or less to repair?

Hi there. In general, UK & European vehicles (BMW, Mercedes, Volvo and others) have higher than average service, maintenance and repair costs due to the fact that most mechanics that can complete them are specialists. The cost of repair per manufacturer often depends on your location and saturation of specialists in your area. For example; if you have a Mercedes Benz and there is (1) specialist in your area vs. (5) specialists - the cost will be higher to maintain the vehicle with only one option. This is something most consumers never consider, but is typically the number one cause of increased vehicle costs to maintain. The best advice I could offer here is to pick a vehicle with multiple service options. Our mobile mechanics can complete most routine maintenance and repairs on all three makes, so you might want to consider this as an option.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr