Q: How do I use the auxiliary box?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do I use the auxiliary box?

While your car has a glove box that provides substantial storage for important paperwork, manuals and other items, it also includes an auxiliary box above the glove box. It’s smaller and provides more limited room, but still offers important storage capabilities. Here’s how to use it:

1. Press the side button to unlatch the auxiliary box.

2. Lift the lid upward.

3. When you’re done, close the lid and press on the latch area to ensure that it’s secured.

Tips

• The auxiliary box may be difficult to open on a hill or other steep grade.

• Don’t drive with the auxiliary box open or it could cause injuries to the front passenger in an accident.

• Unlike the glove box, the auxiliary box does not have a lock.