Q: Car making squeaking and growling noise from under the hood by alternator

My car has been needing a boost 1-2 times a week. But a few days ago while I was in park at a drive thru it just shut off. No clicking noise like it does when I need a boost. It would try to start it up and everything would come on as normal but the engine or car would shake briefly and go out. So I'm confused, it could be the alternator, a idle pulley or pulley bearing going bad but idk if that would've caused my car to stop like that. Im scared to drive it anywhere because of that happening. If anyone has came across these issues, what worked and how much did the parts run you? Thanks in advance.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The shaking and stalling out as you describe can be caused by a variety of issues. When this happens there is likely a Check Engine Light on that should register a fault code in the car’s computer. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose with a scanning tool which will provide critical data as to what specifically is causing the problem.

• Car making squeaking and growling noise from under the hood by alternator