Q: Bleed fuel rail pressure

asked by on August 15, 2016

I've been trying to start my truck for a week and it just wouldn't startup. So I talked to my friend about this that I don't like to bother. He’s an expert mechanic but unapproachable most of the time. So I finally got the nerve to ask him. He suggested bleeding all the fuel pressure off the fuel rail and it worked. My truck would startup after that. Do you know why I need to do this though? How can it be fixed?

Hello there, A few different faults can cause the vehicle to not start. The most common would be the battery, starter, battery cable, fuel pump, fuel filter, ignition switch wiring fault. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to assist you with any diagnostic needs and perform any repairs required to fix your starting issue.