Q: The car won't start

Hi my name is Henry I check the battery the starter and the alternator I can hear the fuel pump running but the car won't start?

There are several possible causes for a vehicle to crank and not start. There could be a bad fuel pump, faulty plugs, bad timing belt/chain, faulty ignition, failed camshaft/crankshaft sensor, or any number of other possible causes. It would first be necessary to determine if there is sufficient fuel and/or spark. From there, you would then need to figure out what part of the affected system is causing the problem. There are some tests that will need to be performed to figure these out. If this is something you will need a hand to diagnose and/or repair, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.