Q: Q: My car won't start.

My car won't start if I crank the key all the way. But if I crank it halfway so the radio turns on, then all the way, it starts. Also, I briefly lost power while driving but it came back on after a split second.

Hello, thanks for writing in but you did not mention the make, model, or year of vehicle. However, this problem is most likely caused by the ignition switch not making good contact. Check and replace the ignition switch if it’s proven to be faulty. If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can help you diagnose your starting issue firsthand and replace your ignition switch if necessary.

3. Q: My car won't start.