Q: Lots of rust on a new car, worse around doors

My 2013 Nissan Rogue, with only 34,000 miles on it, already has a huge problem with rust! There is rust all around trim pieces and the edges of the doors. There's also rust on the rear hatch. Rust shouldn’t be happening at all this early on. It’s like I drove it into the ocean! What can I do to stop this?

If your vehicle has rust, it should be covered by Nissan’s warranty for 60 months with unlimited mileage. This will require a trip to the dealer for inspection. The dealer may need to take pictures and submit them to Nissan for a decision. Be sure to contact the dealer if you do not hear back from them within a week or two.

3. Lots of rust on a new car, worse around doors