Q: Smashed Car Door

My drivers side door was hit from a wreck I was in. Now it doesnt close properly or seal at the top. Like it's twisted. Part of the fender was dented in as well as most of the door. Would I have to get a different door put on or would a body shop be able to remove the dents and set the door straight? I know it's hard without pictures for a visual. Also what would you say is a price range for this project? Just a general idea anyway

I would recommend to call around to your local body shops to ask for quotes on the repair that is necessary. Based on the sound of the damage, the repair will likely involve replacing the door in order to get it to close properly. It is very possible that the fender will require replacement as well just to get the door to close properly without damaging the new door. This will all depend on the extent of the damage as determined by a qualified professional. The cost can vary greatly on a repair such as this so it would be best to consult with a local auto body professional.