Q: Car was saying low oil pressure then started making a loud noise then then it leaked all of its oil out

asked by on August 12, 2017

Car was saying low oil pressure then started making a loud noise then I big puff of smoke came from the ex exhaust pipe then it started leaking oil every where I can force started it but wen I do it makes a loud noise and it will eventually cut off

Hi Jerry. What you are describing is a rather clear indication of an oil line leak. There are multiple oil lines and connections that are near the upper portion of your vehicle, that can leak on the exhaust, so knowing which one for sure would require an onsite inspection. I would strongly recommend not attempting to start your motor again - until the leak is found, fixed and cleaned up, as it can create serious damage or potentially fire.

The problem sound like you just ran your engine with low oil or no oil pressure and then through a rod through the side of the motor or oil pan and leaked the rest of the oil out. You should have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to verify if you need to replace the motor or another problem happened like loss of oil pressure and blew off oil filter. Either way it sounds like a very serious engine problem.