Q: Sunroof stuck

The sunroof won't go up or down.

While the information provided on the Honda Prelude is a bit limited, my experience with this car leads me to believe that the tilt function on the sunroof has stopped operating correctly.

If the sunroof can open and close but fail to tilt, then it is likely that the actual sunroof itself is getting stuck when it is trying to use the tilt function. Often times, the seal around the sunroof can get dry and create just enough friction to prevent the motor from tilting up the sunroof. However, there is the other possibility that the window tracks may be blocked with debris or could also be experiencing a lack of lubrication. A worst case scenario would be that the motor for the sunroof has started to fail.

In order to properly diagnose your Prelude’s sunroof issue, it may be best to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to stop by and go over the vehicle with you. They will have the knowledge and tools to properly diagnose the problem at hand as well as assist in making the necessary repairs so your sunroof can function properly.