Q: Timing belt ripped while driving on freeway bought a new timing belt installed it but my car wont start

asked by on October 09, 2017

My timing belt on my car ripped while driving on the freeway I bought a new timing belt installed it but now it wont start

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Alex. When a timing belt breaks, it can cause internal engine damage beyond what’s inside the timing belt cover. However, in most cases, when you can’t start the car afterwards, it’s due to the ignition timing not being properly set. It might be a good idea to refer to the service and repair manual to ensure you’ve set the timing correctly and installed the timing belt right. It might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and help you diagnose this problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr