Q: How do I use and adjust the bed extender?

How do I use and adjust the bed extender?

If your car comes equipped with bed extenders, then there are three potential positions for the extenders. storage, divider, and extender. You can adjust the extender into either of the three settings.

1. Storage position is the default extender position, as it helps store the extender where it won’t take up too much space. To put the extender into storage position, unlock the center handle with the key, and rotate the handle to a vertical position. This opens up the extender side gates. Place the extender at the front of the bed, where it meets the cab. The side gates should be extended along the sides of the bed, underneath the cargo loops. Rotate the center handle back into horizontal position and lock it, and the extender will stay in storage position.

2. Divider position helps you keep your truck bed secure and organized. To put the extender in divider position, unlock and rotate the center handle to free the extender side gates. Line up the side gates with the desired divider slots in the bed of the truck. There are 11 divider slots to help you have a variety of ways to lay out the bed extender when in divider position. After the gates are in the slots, lock the center handle back in place.

3. The extender position helps extend the bed of your truck so that you can fit longer items in. To put the bed extender in the extender position, start by unlocking the center handle and lowering the tailgate. Then, place the extender side gates at each end of the truck’s rear, and hook them onto the pin and handle at the end of the truck bed. Then lock the extender back into place.