Q: Car showing code p0344 and check engine light on

Yesterday my check engine light came on while warming up the car. Code reader showed p0340. drove approx. 6 miles then cleared code by disconnecting battery. Drove car this morning - same 6 miles without incident (taking my son to work). This afternoon car started fine but less than .05 miles from my house car made sound like losing air then car died and check engine light came on. Started car fine and drove back to my house. Code reader showed p0344 which is the cam sensor, got a quote on your site for it's replacement but I want to be sure. Money is very tight right now. car has no starting problems and seems to drive fine except for today.

It is possible that the camshaft sensor is the cause of the issue. It is also possible that there could be an issue with the timing or the crankshaft sensor. I would recommend having a qualified professional inspect your vehicle to determine the exact cause of this issue before replacing any parts. Consider YourMechanic as inspection such as these can be performed at your home or office.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr