Q: 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 stalls and then turns itself off

My car (108,000 mileage) stalled briefly before it independently restarted itself. This happened at various speeds when I was driving above 5 mph. It doesn’t happen constantly, only intermittently. There were no warning lights on at any time. I took it to the dealership several times, but they couldn’t fix the problem, nor find what was causing the problem. They had reset the system, but the car kept stalling and restarting on its own. Can you tell me what is causing this and how to fix it?

If you start the 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 using the keyless go system and the vehicle is acting erratic, then it may be due to this module being erratic from the battery voltage dropping below a certain level and causing it to turn off and restart. The module may need to be reprogrammed to stop this from happening, but I would recommend having the battery and charging system checked to see if both are in perfect order. Also, replace any batteries in any and all remotes you use for the vehicle. This is a precaution that they do not have problems with low batteries. If you need help having this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the stalling and restarting problem to determine what repairs are needed.