Q: Prnds flashing lights anb p0777 code

transmission goes to neutral when going from first gear and before it reaches second gear then we get the prnds flashing lights. code p0777 says solenoid b stuck. Dealer wants to sell a complete mechtronic unit at a expensive price and I am trying to find where I can by just the solenoid and repair it myself.I'm having no luck finding where I can purchase these solenoids and need help if you could help direct me to where these could be purchased.

For this vehicle, it appears that the solenoids are located inside the transmission. For many vehicles the transmission control solenoids are bolted to the exterior of the transmission, however for this vehicle the solenoids are part of the transmission internals, and therefore require transmission disassembly to access.

The shop is likely reluctant to replace only the solenoids because of the high risk that there may be issues if the solenoids are not the only problem. If you wish to replace the solenoids themselves they can likely be sourced from a Volkswagen dealership.

If you choose not to go the dealer route, I’d consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose the trouble code further for an accurate repair.

3. Prnds flashing lights anb p0777 code