Q: Heat not working

My heat stopped working, should I plug in my vehicle do you think that would help?

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Plugging it in won’t resolve the issue. Your vehicle has a conventional heater core through which hot engine coolant, from the internal combustion (IC) engine, circulates. If the no heat condition is occurring while the vehicle’s IC engine is running, that likely means that there is a problem with the blend door(s), the heater control valve and/or the heater core is blocked. If the problem is occurring when the IC engine is off, there are a variety of electrical components, including a fuse, that should be checked. In either event, if you request a no heat diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will diagnose the problem and give you a repair estimate. Please let us know if you have a follow up question or additional concerns.