Q: P0014 code. The engine run erratic and have a hard starting problem..when i took it to mechanic he said to get a part reqired for

asked by on October 05, 2016

What is the part required to buy for mechanic to fix P0014 b camshaft position timing over advanced or system performance bank 1 issue?

The camshaft position sensor is a magnetic sensor that monitors camshaft speed to regulate ignition timing and fuel injection timing. It gathers and sends information about the car’s camshaft speed to the car’s electronic control module. This information is used by the computer to further calculate the time of ignition and the timing of fuel injection required by the engine. When this is not working properly, you may experience a drop in power, poor idling, poor fuel mileage and problems starting the vehicle. As the sensor begins to fail and gets worse over time as the signal it provides to the computer weakens. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your [camshaft position sensor](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/camshaft-position-sensor-replacement.