Q: H Chad. i have a 2010 range rover sport and theres some oil leaking on one of its valve cover on the right. I had asked some shop

In fixing the oil leak in the valve cover, does it need to change for the new valve cover or only the gasket?

As long as the valve cover is not distorted or cracked, it is re-used. Valve covers can be verified for "flatness" to determine if the sealing surface is distorted. You are asking a good question because IF the sealing surface (the surface that the gasket is applied to) is not flat, it WILL leak. Furthermore, all rubber components pressed into the cover, such as grommets, spark plug tube seals, and any PCV valve grommet should be replaced as well as those are common leak points. Rubber-based components on an engine have a very finite lifetime. If you desire a professional inspection and replacement, please request valve cover/gasket inspection/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you

3. H Chad. i have a 2010 range rover sport and theres some oil leaking on one of its valve cover on the right. I had asked some shop