Q: Brake light on and brakes not working right.

Emergency brake light won't go off, even when emergency brake handle is down, and now since I can't get the light to go off, my brakes on my car aren't working right, they go all the way to the floor. I can't stop car completely unless I down shift and get it down to around 10mph.

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle emergency brake light always on and brake pedal goes all the way to the floor, is a safety concern and your vehicle should not be driven until, repairs are performed. Your safety is priority one. The brake fluid reservoir could have a low level sensor, which could turn on the emergency brake light if, the fluid level is below the sensor. It could be, brake fluid is leaking. It could be, the master cylinder has failed which would turn on the emergency brake light. I recommend having your vehicle’s emergency brake light and brake pedal be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.