Q: Horn stays on

On a rainy morning, while driving to work on the highway, my horn turned on and stayed on. I pressed my horn on the steering wheel but it did not help. It started off as just one "beep" and I thought it was a vehicle beside or behind me. Then I heard another "beep" and realized it was my vehicle. The third time it beeped it stayed on for a minute or two and stopped. A minute later it did the same thing and then stayed on which made me get off at the next exit and pull over at the gas station. I turned the ignition off and the horn still stayed on! At this point I grabbed my owners manual to try and locate the fuse so I can pull it out atleast so I could continue on my drive to work. While looking through the manual the horn just stopped and turned off. I still pulled the fuse. I then noticed the fuse had blown. What could cause this issue?

Based on the information you provided, it sounds like you have a short in the horn’s wiring. It may be at the steering wheel but could also be elsewhere. Electrical tests will be able to confirm the location of the short. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to perform these tests to determine the cause of your electrical problems if you decide to get this fixed.

3. Horn stays on