Q: Car made a weird roaring sound this morning when driving at low speeds in light rain.

Car made a weird roaring sound this morning when driving at low speeds in light rain. It also has a slight jerking when shifting gears around 30 Miles. Help! Recently replaced all three transmission mounts.

I would recommend having your suspension checked thoroughly to determine if you have any play in your tie rods, ball joints, wheel bearings, control arms, etc. This could be the reason that the vehicle jerks as well.

As for the noise, it is possible that you have a bad wheel bearing that is making that sound as a roaring sound is what wheel bearings make when they go bad. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a qualified technician to use a professional stethoscope on the all of the knuckles of your suspension with the vehicle lifted off the ground and the transmission in drive. This will help to pinpoint the cause of the noise and determine if a wheel bearing is bad.

• Car made a weird roaring sound this morning when driving at low speeds in light rain.