Q: Car is stuck in reverse.

The car is stuck in reverse

Shift Interlock Solenoid Replacement $96.05 - $1115.92 Get a Quote

Hi there. The shifter interlock solenoid may have failed and stuck the shifter in reverse. There is a little hole in the front of the shifter. Put a small pin or screwdriver in the hole and push down. This will unlock the shifter and it should move. If the shifter still does not move, then the shifter and housing would need replaced. If you need further assistance with your vehicle stuck in reverse, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.