Q: Getting to cylinder #3 to replace ignition coil?

asked by on May 23, 2016

I have diagnosed my 2002 infiniti q45 and received the code p0303 with a basic transmission code. Witch I found to be a backfire in cylinder #3, Suggesting to replace the ignition coil. I have located all 8 ignition coils and found that they look a little challenging to get to especially #3. So I'm wondering the best way to get to it. Any info, blueprint, diagram, advice would be extremely helpful? Thanks!

Spark Plugs Replacement $96.63 - $636.71 Get a Quote
Ignition Coil Replacement $116.03 - $516.36 Get a Quote

I could go into a long drawn out direction to remove the coils on the engine but if you go on google and put in "2002 Infiniti q45 #3 coil removal" in the search bar you will see many good articles and videos showing the removal and replacement of the coils and spark plugs for your car.

Yes, you should change all of the spark plugs when you put in the new coils. Make sure you do all of this when the engine is absolutely cold. This should help you in removing the coils and plugs, and installing the new set of spark plugs free from damage to the threads in the heads. If you need assistance with getting this done, reach out to a certified mechanic who can replace your spark plugs and coils at your convenience.