Q: Transmission only works in reverse.

asked by on December 28, 2016

I have no idea what's wrong I drove it fine. but suddenly the car wont go forward. the transmission will move the car slowly forward but when I give gas it wont accelerate. but when I go to reverse accelerate just fine. Changes from park and reverse , neutral and drive fine. I can feel it so goes into gear I guess. btw has Circuit 1 Failure.

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Circuit 1 failure means that there is a blown fuse in your fuse box. Look in the fuse box for a blown fuse and replace it. The circuit may relate to the transmission shift module. If you replace the fuse and it burns up again, then the shift module in the transmission would need to be replaced. If there is no burned fuse, then it is possible that the transmission may be slipping. If you need further assistance with your transmission not moving forward, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr