Q: 2054 fault code

Mercedes benz C220 w204 2008, on diagnose result have this message " 2054 the AD converter of the control module n3/9 (cdi control unit) is faulty" the OBD light goes on sometimes not non stop...and in 5th or 6th gear the car loses speed-gas...how to fix it

A: Hello. The code you are getting is for what...

Hello. The code you are getting is for what is known as the PremAir sensor. This is the ozone air detection sensor. They are a common failure on this vehicle. The sensor can usually be tested with a scan tool which is what I would typically do before replacing it. If the sensor passes the tests then it may be a circuit issue. Most of the time the sensor itself just needs replacing.

If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your check engine light and make the necessary repairs.