Q: Car seats won't move; is it due to fuses or relay?

The seats will not move in my car and of course, I know this is an electrical problem. I am trying to determine if there are any fuses that have blown that have to do with the seats. Or it might be the seat relay. Could you please give me your assessment of what I need to do to fix the seats?

A: Hello. If the seat functions stopped all of...

Hello. If the seat functions stopped all of a sudden then you either have a blown fuse or a bad circuit breaker. Both are common issues, especially if something is failing in the seat. I would usually check the fuses and the circuit breaker first. If those are fine then it may need to have the electrical system fully diagnosed as it may have an open or shorted wire.

If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you home or office to diagnose the issue with your seats and make the repairs that are necessary.