Q: Car shorted out

The positive cable came off and hit the negative cable, shorting out my car. Now, I have no lights or power to the ignition.

Your car does not have fuses for the main circuits. There are fusible links down by the starter motor. Two or three smaller wires bolt on to the staters positive bolt. The fusible links are within a few inches. You can test them with a test light, or tug on them. They will pull apart easily if they are blown. The local parts store should carry these. The loom will need to be pulled back and new links soldered in.