Q: My car still wont start and I just bought a new battery

I bought a new battery from Walmart replaced the battery and when I go to crank it im gettin the same whining noise like It wants to crank but something is holding it back! I did the alternator test but evrything checked out fine with that but last week or so I started to smell a burning rubber smell it came and went so I just thought it was from a car that had to stop fast like screeching burning tires!! Please tell me what it could be!! Do you think the battery needs charging or replace my alternator and or starter???

There are a couple of problems that might be described as a "whining Noise" Have a friend look under the hood and watch the belts and stuff while you try to crank the car. If he sees that the engine is not turning, then you may have a starter drive that is not engaging. That might be repaired with a new starter or if it has been bad for a while it might need a flywheel as well. If he says that the engine is in fact turning when you hit the starter, but you still hear the whining noise, it could be that you have a broken timing belt and the the engine is spinning over fast because it has no compression. Either way, you have a bit of work ahead of you. To get a bonafide diagnosis instead of the opinion of a guy at a desk (me), You can contact Your Mechanic and have a technician come out to your home or office and check out your Honda and let you know for sure what it is going to take to solve your problem.

3. My car still wont start and I just bought a new battery