Q: Maybe ECT sensor or CHT sensor??

I had some work done on my car and when I got it back there was broken cable behind the engine. There's a gold colored screw around that area not sure if it's related but combined those two things look like a ect or cht sensor (don't know the difference). The thing about it is that it's in a hard to reach spot AND it's broken in half with two little wires sticking out of the plastic part. I want to unscrew the gold thing but what if it has absolutely nothing to do with the plastic harness. And another thing. My ac compressor stopped working around the same time. Please help. What can I do. I've also noticed my engine temperature gauge isn't moving. I can't take it to the shop because money is a little tight.

After doing some research, the only thing I found that has only two wires to a connector in the back of your motor is the evaporative control valve. The CHT is in the front of the motor and this engine does not have an ECT. You should have a mechanic come to you and check the sensor wiring that is broken along the screw you found. I also suggest having the vehicle scanned to see what code comes up to help isolate the loose and broken connector. Make sure the two wires do not touch each other or it may short the ECM. One of our mobile experts will be able to assist you with your electrical issue at your home or office if you need some help. Good luck.