Q: How do I program a remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter when I have a recognized transmitter?

How do I program a remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter when I have a recognized transmitter?

Programming a new remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter is easy when you already have a recognized transmitter. Just follow these steps carefully:

1. Gather all of the transmitters – the new ones, and the already programmed one – so that they’re all together.

2. Locate the transmitter outlet on the center console. This is placed next to the power outlet, at the front of the console.

3. Remove the plastic trim from the transmitter outlet.

4. On the recognized transmitter, press the button at the top to extend the key. Place this key into the slot in the transmitter outlet.

5. Extend the key from one of the new RKE transmitters.

6. Insert the key of the new RKE transmitter into the driver’s side door lock, and turn the key to the unlock position five times in a span of 10 seconds. The Driver Information Center (DIC) should then display the words “ready for remote #2, 3, 4, or 5.“

7. Remove the recognized RKE transmitter from the transmitter outlet, and place the new transmitter key into the slot.

8. Press the ignition button. If the new transmitter has been programmed, then the DIC will alert you to begin programming the next RKE transmitter.

9. Remove the newly-programmed transmitter from the transmitter outlet, and press the unlock button on the transmitter.

10. Repeat steps 7-9 with the rest of the new RKE transmitters, until each transmitter has been programmed.

11. Press and hold the ignition button for 10 seconds, which will quit out of programming mode.

12. Return the plastic trim to the transmitter outlet area. All of the RKE transmitters will now be programmed.